- Self driving a safari in Africa, driving up real close to one of the Big 5, but not close enough to risk turning myself into a delicious meal.
- Volunteering in a wildlife conservation project in South Africa.
- Learn a new language in a foreign country, polishing up my Spanish in Barcelona will be first on my list. (Well, visited Barcelona in January 2016 and practised some Spanish there)
- Embark on a working holiday in New Zealand. (Ain’t happening but New Zealand campervan trip took place in July 2017!)
- Explore the culture-rich Japan. (First trip to Okinawa in January 2018!)
- Do the classic backpacking Europe trip, but with more emphasis on eastern Europe. (Cleared UK, parts of Spain, Athens)
- Catch the Northern Lights in Iceland and Norway. (Cleared Iceland in September 2016!)
- Do a adventure glacier expedition in Patagonia, Chile.
- Travel from Thailand to London by train, via the Trans-Siberian Railway.
- Do the Mount Everest Base Camp Trek.
- Visit the South Pacific islands before tourism sets in extensively.
- Visit Artic Circle and Antartica sometime. (Cleared the Artic Circle in Sweden during March 2016)
- I hope this list grows slower than my travel milestones list.
You need these for long road trips. Cheers! Salud! Sláinte! na zdrowie!
Just thought I’d say that it’s a pretty good bucket list. Would love most of those myself – must ask though, why Barcelona? I would love to visit there myself, as well as Rome. Must be awesome to visit the Coliseum, and in Barcelona itself you have the fabled Sagrada Familia (which is actually scheduled to be finished in the next 10 years, finally!).
The Coliseum is lovely and I would like to make a visit there. Barcelona has a number of attractions that appeals to me, on top of that, with the beaches right there, it’s very well worth a visit.
My partner has been to Barcelona twice on 2 different bike trips and he really enjoyed it. He didn’t even go into the museums, just the architecture alone was worth it and food.
Nice knowing that Jean! Love to check it out real soon!
And you should go to Newfoundland, Nova Scotia..the Canadian Maritime provinces…they are NOT like the New England States at all. There are some French-Canadian roots there….Acadia..these folks went down to Louisiana back in the 1800’s.
Hey there, Bryan, nice to meet you!
One helluva bucket list, loved it! Especially backpacking through Europe( do let us take a peep into the trip) 😛 , Thailand-to-London, mind-blowing plan, really!
Good meeting you,
All the best, on your travels,
Thanks Hannah! My pleasure!